Sunday 29 March 2015

Easter egg girl


Have you seen all the awesome new products from 13arts?
Lots of new papers, stencils, mika flakes, colored fine-grained grit, new Splash! ink!!!
I was inspired by all of these goodies and created this easter egg girl.
Wanted to make a non traditional easter project and here is what I came up with.
Had this big wooden egg with stand (also 13arts!) and the wooden block
which were perfect to create this girl!


This project was given two coats of gesso first.
With a stencil and modeling paste I made the lines.
I applied the Mika flakes with acrylic gel medium.
Between the flakes I added the fine-grained grit.
Some extra color, chalk lilac, was added for more color.
Some white Splash! ink for the finishing touch.

Love how the Mika flakes looks like broken eggshells. In my imagination it is anyway! :)
The big flowers are from a children's hair clip and had the right color for this project.

Love all the texture from the flakes and grit!

Added some pink decorative crystals, also a new product in the 13arts store.

Yummy textures! 

My girl, all dressed up with flowers, flakes, crystals, a polymer swirl and a winged nut.
She is wishing you a lovely Easter!

13arts products used:

Enjoy your day!
Ingrid xxx


1 comment: