Monday 25 May 2015

xoxo with Jelissa

Hello 13@rts fans!

I'm in today on a fabulous Monday to share a layout I created using a mix of my new collection Mental Vacation and Olga Heldwein's Starlight, as well as the gorgeous new mediums in the 13@rts store.



My background was created with four different Ayeeda paint and mist colors- Lavender, Metallic Violet, Berry (paint) and Lilac (chalk mist) over a stenciled design with modeling paste. To create the textures, I mixed Coral matt paint with 3D fillers and sprinkled on generous amounts of sand grit, more plastic fillers and mica flakes. To seal the whole thing, I painted liquid medium over. Before everything is dried, I randomly arranged black and grey threads around the paste I have made.

Some close-ups:



My title which is a chipboard piece. It was primed with a mixture of black gesso and plastic fillers, and glazed over Violet metallic paint.

The resin frame is from the Wedding Kit (available in the 13@rts store) which I had colored with random splatters of Lilac chalk mist. The tags were created with Olga's papers (Sagittarius) which I had distressed the edges with first: a layer of black gesso and secondly, gold embossing powder and sand grit. 



I like to layer chipboards amongst my layers and for this layout, I primed them with white gesso, followed by Lavender matt paint and Violet Purple paint. Then I painted on Lilac chalk mist and watered it randomly before some stamping. Lastly it was a layer of tinted embossing powder and distressing with black gesso. 





One of the fun bits I enjoyed creating are the leaves and vines. These were craft colored when I got them, and I was debating whether to alter them or not. Adventure got the best of me and I primed them with black gesso. Then it was a layer of glaze using Violet metallic paint, followed by stamped script which I embossed in gold. Then I took Gold pearl paint and glazed over the vines.

Wow, that was a lot of altering and layering! I hope you enjoyed the techniques I shared here and use them in your own projects. Thank you for dropping by the blog!

13@rts products used:
 



4 comments: